Friday, March 16, 2007

Blog Post 5-Class Recap

Well, I thought I'd spend this last post pondering the whole Blogger experience. As someone who has had a Blogspot in the past and also blogs via MySpace, this was not an alien concept to me, but keeping to a specific topic was. It has not been overly hard to concentrate on library and technology issues, which was somewhat surprising to me. I had of course thought about libraries and technology quite a bit, but being "forced" to write about it has brought a new light to my thinking. My group project is about blogging and now I can see how blogging can really be applied to a library service.

This has been productive for me because I will soon be an actual librarian. Graduation is in May and I am interviewing in about a week and half at a library in Virginia. The library said in its ad that they were looking for new graduates and for someone who could help them re-define reference services. Looking at their website now I can see a great deal of potential in helping them jump into new reference and reader's advisory services. I am excited that I will be able to talk about Web 2.0 technologies in my interview with knowledge and confidence. This class has helped me broaden my horizons.

In short, I have to celebrate my experience in this class and say thank you to everyone in our class for helping me in one way or another. It's been great!

3 comments:

claudia said...

Kristen,
Good luck with your interview!
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I can see redefining reference services as going virtual reference and utilizing chat rooms to help teens with long term project assignments. More innovative ways are needed to reach the people who would rather visit the library remotely or who cannot get there physically.

Anonymous said...

hi there musings-kstew.blogspot.com blogger discovered your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com